Thursday, September 1, 2011

Laughter is the best medicine

2dp5dt - feeling good, crampy, hormonal.

I have not really wanted to be my chatty self to those around me since the transfer. I've just been trying to get myself in check before talking to anyone about it.

My blogging buddy SLESE over at Fertility Frustration gave me some good advice that laughter is the best medicine during this process. I have been feeling very emotional and hormonal the last two days so I have been taking her advice. And let me tell you I never laughed so hard as I did during the first two episodes of Jersey Shore where Deena falls every time she is drunk. It was the best entertainment I could have asked for. And I totally felt great after watching it. Today my mom and sister came over and they always can put me in good spirits. I love them both so much and when the three of us are together, it can be pretty hilarious. They cooked my husband and I spaghetti and meatballs and brought a ton of groceries too. It was so good to see them and laugh with them too.

After they left I was tired so I took a little nap and when I got up I felt like chatting. So I called my bestie over in Portland. She has two of the most adorable little boys. While we were on the phone, the older one got in trouble for trying to wake his younger brother up from his nap so they could go to the park. So when my friend told him they were not going now, he told her, "Oh My God!" and was so upset. I was totally laughing at hearing him say Oh My God so seriously. He's three. So we continue chatting then she had to go because he had clogged their toilet with toilet paper. I am still laughing now thinking about it.

Glad this bed rest is almost over and tomorrow I can get out.  A mani/pedi is happening. Then a fun birthday dinner tomorrow night for one of my other friends. I think as long as I can keep busy and laughing, next Friday will be here before I know it.

2 comments:

  1. Laughter IS the best medicine :) No matter how sad I get sometimes my husband can always make me laugh through my tears :) Wishing you so much luck with your two babes :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. you've got that right...just keep on laughing....it really does help...I promise...at least it helps pass the time so you're not focused on every little twinge tickle or weird feeling.

    Thanks for the shout out!

    Just keep on laughing!

    ReplyDelete