Monday, September 19, 2011

Back on the Workout Train

So secretly (and I finally told my husband today) I think our IVF round did not work because of my weight. He does not think this especially because we have not had our follow-up yet but I think it is a huge determining factor. I get my period regularly, never skipped one, never been pregnant and always ovulated when we were tracking and trying naturally. My lining was good the whole cycle and so were all the rest of my numbers. I mean they always say you should be a healthy weight if you are trying to conceive and I am not. I have always been a larger person my whole life. Tall, bigger boned. I was skinny as a kid but puberty and boobs changed all that. My weight has always fluctuated but in recent years on the higher end.

Anyhow, I stopped working out a few days into my stimming last cycle. And I hated how bloated and fat I felt the entire time. I mean who likes that but it was always on my mind. I weighed myself today and I am 3 pounds more than I was prior to the cycle. We got our BFN a week ago so it is time for me to get back on the workout train along with a larger change in my eating habits as well.

So yet again I am going to try to get my weight down. Tracking what I am eating (never been good at doing that) and working out at least 5 times a week. I took a kickboxing class today at a boxing studio and was not a fan. I thought I would have liked it more than I did. I think there are so many types of exercising that you should at least enjoy what you do. So back to bikram yoga and running and back to lifting weights. I had taken time off from lifting for really no reason. I have goals in my mind, for the months ahead and I am hoping by January or February I'll feel better about my body and all the BS that IVF does to it.

2 comments:

  1. I hated the belly weight I gained after IVF too. Exercise and eating right will make you feel amazing. I am in the process of trying to lose this belly fat. Good Luck with your new routine. Remember it's ok to take a day off if you aren't feeling your best. As long as you stick with it you can do it!

    ReplyDelete