Monday, April 16, 2012

A Wave Hello

Had a bit of a scare on Saturday night. We went out to dinner with friends and on the way home I had cramping. Like the kind you get right before you get your period. I was not too worried until we got home and peed and there was brown spotting in the toilet and when I wiped. I was panicked it was going to turn red so I called the on call doctor and he told me it was pretty normal and to take it easy until today when I could get in to see my doctor. I put myself on bedrest yesterday for the day and the cramping and spotting continued on and off throughout Sunday and last night. I woke up this morning feeling much better in general but still went in to get a scan. I had my first ultrasound on my belly (until we meet again Wandie)and the baby was fine. Heart beating away at 177 bpm and waving hi to mom and dad. I feel 1500% better and now just waiting to have a quick word with my doc. And apparently I have only gained one pound since November, not three. I think I just have lighter clothes on today. My gut kept telling me it was completely normal, my uterus is probably stretching and the blood could have been residual from many things including my cervix exam last week but just seeing the baby moving and being what it should be right now is the best thing for my peace of mind. The one thing I learned from this is I truly believe this baby is mine and I am taking it home healthy. I believe I need to have more faith in my body and my baby. Cause it is our time and this is happening.

9 comments:

  1. oh i hate those kinds of scares...so happy everything is ok!!! take it easy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So relieved for you :) It's so hard to have faith in our bodies after IF... but you're right - this is your time :)) Thinking of you and bub xo

    ReplyDelete
  3. So so glad things are okay! Hang in there and get lots of rest!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Stupid spotting! I swear, almost every IVF pregnancy I've heard of has included spotting -- me included! So glad to hear everything's OK.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I know how scared you must have been. The same thing happened to me last Monday, but with red spotting. So happy to hear that you and the baby are doing well. Keeping you constantly in my prayers!

    ReplyDelete
  6. SO happy for you, glad everything is okay! Enjoy!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. So glad everything is ok! *waves to baby*

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi... I hope you're doing OK ? Thinking of you and I’ve nominated you for a ‘One Lovely Blog’ Award via http://newyearmum.blogspot.com.au/2012/04/one-lovely-blog-award.html xoxo

    ReplyDelete