Wednesday, March 21, 2012

Greetings from the Road

It is about 3:30 Eastern time and we are approaching Louisville, KY. Only 3 more hours to Nashville. The road trip has been pretty fun so far. One bathroom break, a food and gas stop(Chick-Fil-A, Yum) and a whole lot of exciting talk about the baby! Our ultrasound went great this morning! Baby measuring right on the money at 5 weeks, 6 days. We saw the gestational sac, the yolk sac and the little Gobbler. That's my name for the baby as my due date should fall right before Thanksgiving! And it loves to eat. The heartbeat was 99 bpm, which I was worried was low but it's not even officially 6 weeks yet. So no fretting, just enjoying. They wanted me to come back next week but we will still be gone so I am going to make my appointment for April 4th right after we come back. I'll be just about 8 weeks. We are very excited. A great start to our vacation and even when it ends I'll be so happy as we get to see the baby again.

8 comments:

  1. Have fun on your trip, relax and enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay for a good ultrasound!! I hope you have a fun trip!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats on seeing the heartbeat! It's such a cool moment. Enjoy the rest of your trip!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ultrasounds ALWAYS make me feel more at ease! Oh man time flies at this point! Before you know it you will be in your third trimester and worrying about getting the nursery done in time! If I could go back and do anything different I would first off- ENJOY the first trimester a little more and try to relax and also slowly start purchasing things- because holy cow there is so much to do! SO excited for you!!!!!!!!!!! Have fun on vaca!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great news... love the name :)) Congratulations xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great news! It's always nice to have a reassuring appointment! Have fun on your vacation!

    ReplyDelete
  7. So excited for you!!! Hope you really enjoy your vaca! So glad you got to see the heart beat.....99 is just right, Raegan's was 103 at the same time...keeping you in my thoughts and prayers!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Yay for the heartbeat! Glad your road trip is going well!

    ReplyDelete