Monday, December 5, 2011

A Major Award

And my first blog award! Had to make the reference from the movie The Christmas Story. 





A shout out and thanks to both Rebecca at Pink Lipgloss & Prenatals and Megan at This Space For Rent for giving me this award. Both lovelies are in the midst of their 2WW and I hoping and wishing they get the best Christmas presents ever, lil ones growing in their bellies.

So now the rules of the award:
1. Thank the person who gave you the award! (check)
2. List 7 things people may not know about you. (below)
3. Pass the award to 15 other bloggers and notify them as well. (The hard part is trying to pick other bloggers who have not been chosen already. If you have received the award from someone else, just ignore my nomination.)


Things about me:


1) My name is Amanda. Joy is my middle name because my birthday is near Christmas (in one week to be exact). I kind of wanted to be anonymous on this blog, kind of not. But now that I know I am part of such a great community, I think you should know my name. 
2) When thinking about the name for my blog, I kept thinking of the movie "The Outsiders" where Matt Dillon is preparing for the fight with the Socis and says "We gotta do it for Johnny". It kept going through my mind.  So were doing all this bruhaha for a babe. 
3) I have lived a life of "I Never Thought I" (I'm sure we all have, if you think about it). I never thought I would have lived alone (8 years), travel outside the US, have gotten married after 30, met my husband on the internet, that he would be foreign and that I would ever have an issue having children, let alone not have one by my age.  There are plenty of other things I could add but we would be here awhile. Oh life, you're so funny and interesting. 
4) I was the first President of my grammar school in 8th grade. Politics is one of my least favorite things to talk about. 
5) My dream would be to own a sandwich shop. Just a small one in a corporate setting, open for breakfast and lunch only M-F.  I love to cook and whenever I make a new sandwich or bake something I like, I always tell my husband it would be included in the sandwich shop. 
6) The most stressful moment of my life (thus far) was the Monday before my wedding. You would think because of the standard stuff, am I going to get everything done, is my dress going to look ok, will the DJ show up, is it going to rain. Oh no. I was worried that the Icelandic volcano would not stop erupting so that the air space would open for my husband's family to fly in for the wedding. (Don't worry, they all made it in by Wednesday evening, in time for the rehearsal dinner Thursday)
7) I have two tattoos, a dolphin on my thigh I got when I was 18 (foolish me) and the Chinese symbol for Happiness in my ankle I got when I was 25. 


I am passing this award on to the following bloggers:


1) Cattiz @ Colours of Cattiz
2) Angie @ Random Thoughts from Angie
3) Mrs BubbaT @ A Journey Not for the Lighthearted
4) justagirl-Krista @ My Infertility Road
5) Emily @ A Blanket 2 Keep
6) Rebecca @ Trying Not to Scream
7) Kayla @ Life is Simple, It's just not Easy
8) Beckie @ Beckie's Infertility Journey
9) NV @ Baby NV
10) Lil Dreamer @ Bean Dreams
11) Mag @ Witty Infertility
12) Nic @ Trying for a Baby
13) Lovely lady @ Many Many Moons
14) Michelle @ The Yount Happenings
15) SLESE1014 @ Fertility Frustration

7 comments:

  1. Awwww! Thank you. My very first award. How exciting! Guess I will have to come out of the closet with my name too ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks. I will get around to doing this soon.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats on your award! I think it says "Fra-jee-lay." Must be italian :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks so much for the award! I hope to get caught up on them tomorrow.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks! I will try to get around to it soon.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you for this award! There are a few different ones going around at the moment. Maybe it's the season.

    ReplyDelete