Sunday, December 11, 2011

A Birthday Wish

The birthday weekend has been fun. We went to a party on Friday night. Saturday we had Christmas brunch with my family and it was filled with lots of Christmas and Birthday presents for both J and I! Then last night was our Friends Thanksgiving party, equipped with an excellent turkey and fixings, plenty of booze and the yummiest of birthday cakes for us.  I was pretty tipsy (ok drunk) and cried a little when I got home.  Happy tears for how lucky I am to have such a wonderful life filled with the love of many people and maybe a sad tear or two for what I want that I can't have. At least right now.

Today has been great. Out for crepes for the birthday breakfast, a lovely nap, and just a pizza on the way and snuggling with my hub. Exactly what I wanted today. Everyone should do what they want on their birthday. Unfortunately there was no candle in my cake last night but J promised me today I would have dessert of sorts, with one candle, with one wish that I hope to come true very soon.

3 comments:

  1. Happy Birthday! I'm glad to hear you're spending your day exactly how you wanted :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Birthday! I'm glad you enjoyed your day, and I hope your wish comes true!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy Birthday again and so happy you are spending it how you want! I hope your wish comes true soon!

    ReplyDelete